The Collingwood Arts Precinct and the CAP site
The buildings that form the Collingwood site have been a place of learning, creativity and collaboration since its days as the Collingwood School of Art and Design in 1871.
After a varied life as the Collingwood Technical School and the Collingwood TAFE the buildings lay empty between 2005 and 2010. Part of the site was redeveloped by the State Government to provide a long-term home for Circus Oz, breathing new life into the site. Over the past decade successive supportive State governments and our generous philanthropic partners have secured runway funds for what will become a self-sustaining social enterprise.
Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation through the Eldon & Anne Foote Trust
The Ian Potter Foundation
Harold Mitchell Foundation
Allan Myers AC QC
Eva and Marc Besen
Lee & Josh Liberman